A Sunday Kill Turned Super Bowl Meal
As deer season comes to an end and the Super Bowl is right around the corner, make the most of your freezer full of venison with one of our prized recipes.
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 2 lbs ground pork butt
- 1 large onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper
- 2/3 cup dark beer
- Soak casing for 2 hours, then rinse thoroughly by placing end of casing opening over water faucet.
- Mix venison and pork together and put mixture in food grinder.
- Mix all ingredients (seasonings) with ground meat.
- Turn grinder on and hold casing to grinder output, casing will fill with air. Squeeze air out of casing end and tie knot at end of casing.
- Push seasoned meat mixture through and as the casing fills, coil it and keep the casing lubricated with water.
- Tie end of casing off and you have your venison sausage.
- Boil in dark beer or water or grill for ~20-30 minutes.
Don’t want to deal with the casing? Grind and make hamburger patties with this recipe as well. Let us know how you like it!